When to Replace Your Siding
A beautiful stucco and stone exterior offers far greater benefits than wood or cement siding. It can increase home value, is low maintenance, and gives a beautiful look to your home’s exterior. Just drive through most upscale neighborhoods and see for yourself.
However, before you jump into stuccoing your home it is important to understand that not all stucco systems are the same. A high quality, well-installed stucco systems can add tons of value and beauty to your home. But a poor quality stucco system and poor installation can create your worst home remodeling nightmare.
We challenge you to see why so many homeowners choose Fortress Stucco™ over James Hardie, fiber cement, wood, vinyl, metal, or composite sidings.
Do not stucco over your siding!
In the last several years, several Colorado homeowners have found themselves mislead and misinformed by a trend called “Stucco Over Siding.” In nearly all cases, this is a design and stucco application that will fail in just a short amount of time.
The reason it has become so popular amongst contractors and homeowners is that it is cheap. Inexperienced or dishonest stucco contractors don’t want to take the time to remove the old siding and dispose of it. The result… You lose up to 50% of the strength of the stucco, allow moisture into your exterior, and seal in mold, rot, or other damage to the original siding.
Here are just a few more technical reasons to avoid this scam:
Stucco weighs 6-10 lbs. per square foot. Putting stucco to the exterior of your home may add up to 25,000 lbs. of stress on your walls! Cracks, bonding issues, and other failures are almost guaranteed.
Most stucco over siding systems use the cheapest materials. They staple 20 gauge chicken wire on top of your siding. Use un-reinforced cement and low-budget finishes.
There is not a single manufacturer who will warranty this system, ever!
Don’t find yourself a victim of this scam because of a low price. Stucco over siding is a cheap price for a reason and the stucco fails nearly 100% of the time.
The Fortress Stucco System™
Fortress Stucco™ is our exclusive new stucco system developed in partnership with Sto Corporation, the stucco industry experts. Fortress™ was specifically created to be a long-term solution to the problems that often come with replacing siding with stucco.
Take a look at some of the things you can expect from Fortress Stucco™:
- Never needs painting – Unlike James Hardie or wood composite sidings, Fortress Stucco™ has the colors built into the material, not painted on. Any painted surface will require the cost and hassle of repainting again, and again.
- Class A fire rating
- Hail resistant – Fortress StuccoTM offers the highest impact resistance rating of almost any building exterior.
- Architectural Options – Unlike siding, which only gives you traditional looks with horizontal or vertical lines, there are dozens of styles, textures, and designs with Fortress Stucco™.
- Installed by Factory Certified professionals
- Full Manufacturer warranties and workmanship guarantees.
- Comparable pricing to fiber cement, metal, or wood sidings.
Compare Fortress side-by-side with your other siding options. You’ll be amazed at the difference!